Reading Notes: Folktales of Bengali, Part A



I chose to read stories from the Bengal region of India.

The Ghost-Brahman by Rev. Lal Behari was an interesting story! I enjoyed the dialogue and the plot with a twist at the end. I enjoy trickster stories, and I think writing one based on this model would be enjoyable.


The Boy whom Seven Mothers Suckled  by Rev. Lal Behari Day, was honestly horrendous! There was so much carnivorism in this story, its repulsing! While I enjoyed reading it, I will most likely not be writing a story like this one, for I think it would be challenging to come up with a story with so much tragedy inter-twinned.



7 Mangos from The Boy whom Seven Mothers Suckled story. Source: Food and Love Images 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 10/11 Story: The Plagues of the Plains People