Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm, Part B

The Grimm Brothers' Children's and Household Tales  continued.

The Fox and the Cat  was a short little story. I think I would have fun rewriting this one too! These characters reminded me of the fox and the cat in the tale Pinocchio!

Death's Messengers  was another interesting tale. One thing I have liked about these stories is how easy it is to picture them as cartoon stories. In the first sentence they talk about a giant with dialogue and I can immediately picture a giant stomping around and saying those words. I would love to learn to write like that!

I also found the last few stories of this unit over Adam and Eve a fun comparison to the Adam and Eve unit I read earlier in the semester.


Pinocchio Source: Wiki Images

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 12 Story: The Fox Wife