Reading Notes: Grimm Brothers, Part A

I enjoyed reading these stories, for my story book involves many of the Grimm Brother's stories. I enjoyed researching them and their stories, so I thought it would be fun to read some more of their stories like the ones in this unit!
Little Red Cap (Hood) Source: Wiki Images 

The Grimm Brothers' Children's and Household Tales  was full of fun stories. As I read them I could picture them being turned into a cartoon, like many of their stories have been! I see what Disney has brought so many of his stories to life!

When I read the title "Little Red Cap" I wondered if this story was the inspiration of Little Red Riding Hood. As I continued to read the story, I discovered that my acquisitions were correct!  This story was almost identical to the Little Red Riding Hood we know today. I had never thought about how ridiculous this story was in the past, but this time I did notice that there was a moral to the story - to stay on the path and not to run off by yourself.

I think it would be fun to write my own variation of this story! I have enjoyed rewriting some of the other tales by the Grimm Brother's, so this might be a fun one! I do like how this story ends happy, while many of the other stories by those brothers do not.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 12 Story: The Fox Wife